If you have a family member residing in assisted living home and believe abuse or neglect is happening, you should call a nursing home attorney DC trusts as soon as possible.
These facilities are meant to be a place of care, support, and compassion. More than likely you expect your loved one to be provided with these human needs and also respected as elders should be. Unfortunately, in the US, negligence at nursing homes is a major problem. Even large corporate chains have been accused of neglect.
This situation is slowly being addressed by state and federal governments, but action has been slow. It may be a relief to know that there are laws and acts in place that protect residents of these facilities. Although this legislation is clear, dealing with a claim takes knowledge and dedication which is why you should retain a DC nursing home attorney.
Meet The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.
The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. has been helping victims of nursing home abuse and neglect for years. As a nursing home attorney DC can count on, Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. and his associate Stephen F. Brennwald understand the complexities encompassing these cases and are prepared to allocate the necessary time needed to build the strongest defense possible. When you work with a nursing home attorney in DC, especially from our firm, you can expect things like:
- Regular communication and case updates;
- Honest, transparent legal advice;
- Empathetic support and a shoulder to lean on;
- A willingness to fight tooth and nail on your behalf;
- Financial and professional resources to build a case;
- The drive to seek maximum compensation; and
- A readiness to go to trial.
There are statute of limitations for these types of legal matters. The sooner you contact a nursing home attorney DC residents depend on, the better the outcome of your case.
Common Warning Signs of Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Whether or not you believe nursing home abuse or neglect is taking place, it may be a good idea to know the warning signs. Should you recognize any of these to be true for your own situation, it is advisable to call a nursing home attorney DC respects for further advice.
- Rapid weight loss;
- Unexplained bruises or injuries;
- Broken bones or sprains;
- Emotional withdrawal or agitation;
- Lack of interests that were once enjoyed;
- Poor hygiene;
- Being denied visitation;
- Unexplained sedation; and
- Constant staff supervision when you visit.
More often than not, a resident who is experiencing abuse will not speak up. This means it can be up to you to take note of anything that looks suspicious. If you believe abuse or neglect is happening you can do the following:
- Take photographic evidence;
- Save or make copies of medical reports;
- Look for a second opinion from a new doctor; and
- Call a nursing home attorney DC offers.
Types Of Nursing Home Cases Handled by The Law Firm Of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.
The Law Firm Of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. has handled hundreds of nursing home claims over the course of many years. Negligence and abuse comes in many forms, but rest assured if it is happening we can be ready assist you and your loved ones. Some examples of cases include:
- Malnutrition and dehydration;
- Medication errors;
- Treatment errors;
- Elopement from a facility;
- Slip and fall or trip and fall;
- Verbal abuse;
- Physical abuse; and
- Financial abuse.
If you believe your loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, taking action as soon as possible should be a priority. For more information about these claims you can call a nursing home attorney DC has to offer at 202-517-2900.