Truck Accident Lawyer Washington DC
If you have been the victim of a commercial truck accident, a truck accident lawyer Washington DC residents trust may be an invaluable resource. At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we may be able to help you with everything from filing your injury claim to gathering detailed information about the incident and advocating on your behalf. At our law firm, we do not take these cases lightly. We have fought for the public in over 1,000 cases and we have won over $25 million in settlements for our clients.
Three Questions You May Have after Your Truck Accident
You may already be familiar with car accidents, but a truck accident lawyer in Washington DC can help you if you’ve been involved in something much bigger. While car accidents are relatively commonplace, truck accidents are a bit out of the ordinary, so it’s perfectly normal to have lots of questions about what you should do in the aftermath.
Everyday car crashes can be complicated and frustrating to deal with long after the accident is over. When you’re involved in a truck accident, the headache can be much bigger – but it doesn’t have to be. With the help of a qualified lawyer from the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., you can get the compensation you deserve and a helping hand that can guide you through any legal red tape that’s standing in your way. Read on to learn more about how we can help.
What Should I Do if I’ve Been Involved in a Truck Accident?
In the immediate aftermath of a truck accident, you should treat it like any other car accident, but with extra attention paid to gathering as much evidence as possible. After your truck accident, you may be feeling disoriented, angry, and shocked. But like “ordinary” car accidents, you still need to pull over somewhere safe, call emergency services in case of injuries, and collect information from everyone involved in the accident.
Chances are, you’re not reading this on the side of the road. If you’re already safe at home after your truck accident, good. It’s important to get somewhere safe after a truck accident, and if you weren’t able to gather as much information as you’d like, don’t worry: the right truck accident lawyer in Washington DC can help you fill in the gaps.
Who Should Pay for My Damages?
In an ordinary car accident, who pays and how much is determined by the type of accident, and who’s at fault. For example, if you were rear-ended by someone else, their insurance would pay you for the repairs and any medical coverage you need, since the other driver was at fault for the accident. In a truck accident, the process is very similar.
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a semi truck (and the truck was at fault), the truck operator’s insurance will pay your damages. However, not all trucks are operated in the same manner, and that means that the type of insurance you’ll be dealing with can vary greatly depending on your accident.
Who Provides Insurance for Trucks?
Some trucks are operated by independent contractors. In this case, the truck driver will have his own insurance policy to cover any accidents and damages. However, other trucks operate as part of a major corporate fleet. In these cases, the truck operator is covered by the insurance of the corporation. In any case, the battle with insurance providers can be long, frustrating, and confusing – all the more reason to get in touch with a qualified truck accident lawyer.
Get in Touch with the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. Today
At the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we understand how frustrating and frightening a truck accident can be. We also know that you deserve to be compensated in full for any damages caused by your truck accident. Insurance providers can be difficult to deal with, and the details of your accident can become hazy with time. However, with the right lawyer on your side, you can rest easy knowing that your accident will be investigated, and you’ll have a shot at serious financial compensation.
Don’t hesitate. Get in touch with the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. today, and see how the right truck accident lawyer in Washington DC can help you get your life back on track.
Unfortunately, even if you are the most careful driver, you can be hit due to the negligence of a truck driver on the road. It is vital for commercial drivers to operate their vehicles carefully — and the majority of truckers do — but one small mistake can be detrimental for others on the road. As a seasoned truck accident lawyer Washington DC provides might attest, even minor commercial truck accidents can have tragic consequences for passenger vehicle occupants.
Common Passenger Vehicle Accidents Due to Truck Driver Negligence
- Changing Lanes Too Quickly – Semi trucks may try to get ahead of a passenger vehicle, knowing they are larger and the other car will be forced to yield. Swerving to get in front too abruptly can lead to an accident, since the car driver has a minimal amount of time to respond in order to avoid the collision.
- Passing in an Unsafe Manner – Due to truck bed length, it can be difficult to estimate how much space is available when passing another vehicle. It is easy to make an error in judgment when driving a large vehicle. Less experienced truck drivers might overestimate their available space, when in fact there is not enough room to safely pass.
- Blind Spot – Due to vehicle size, a semi truck has an even bigger blind spot compared to an average passenger car. A truck driver may act in a negligent manner by passing or changing lanes — without effectively taking into consideration that a passenger car may be traveling in their blind spot.
- Wide Turns – Especially while driving on busy city streets, trucks may struggle to make sharp turns at street corners. It’s possible for a large truck to sideswipe a car in this situation.
It’s also possible for a truck accident to occur due to no direct fault of the truck driver. Additional causes of trucking accidents include cargo loading errors and mechanical problems. In these situations a Washington DC truck accident lawyer might still be able to win compensation from the trucking company.
Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer Washington DC Residents Count On
An experienced truck accident lawyer in Washington DC may help you determine if your collision resulted from a truck driver’s wrongdoing or negligence. Even if the truck driver was only partly to blame for causing the accident, you still might be able to collect compensation for your medical bills and lost wages.
A truck accident lawyer Washington DC has to offer from our firm understands that a commercial truck collision may need to be treated much differently from a regular car accident case. At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we have over 100 years of combined experience. You should not suffer the consequences of another driver’s negligence, especially if you were obeying the rules of the road. We want to make sure accident victims are compensated for injury costs and losses due to someone else’s wrongful or negligent actions.
If you would like to schedule a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer Washington DC drivers trust, give us a call today at 202-544-7200 so we may get your case moving along as quickly as possible.
How Truck Accidents Are Different Than Car Accidents
Many people still assume that truck accidents are quite similar to accidents only involving passenger vehicles. However, they are much different from one another. Here are some different ways truck accidents are different than car accidents.
- Commercial trucks are much larger and heavier than passenger vehicles. Since commercial trucks are larger and weigh much more than passenger vehicles, they are more likely to cause serious damage in accidents. Even if the commercial truck was traveling fairly slow when it crashed into your vehicle, your car could still get totaled.
- There may be multiple liable parties. In car accidents, the driver is usually the only liable party. However, if you are in a truck accident, multiple parties may be held responsible. In addition to the truck driver, the trucking company, manufacturer and maintenance company may be liable. An experienced truck accident lawyer in Washington D.C. can help you identify all the liable parties so that you can maximize your compensation.
- Injuries are more severe. As mentioned above, commercial trucks are a lot bigger and heavier than passenger vehicles. As such, they can create extra force in accidents and increase the risk of severe injuries, like amputation and traumatic brain injuries. Serious injuries like these may require long-term medical care, so you may require a higher settlement from the insurance company.
- Truck drivers must follow more rules and regulations. Truck drivers are held to a higher standard than drivers of passenger vehicles. They have to follow more rules and regulations than other drivers. For example, truck drivers are only allowed to drive a certain amount of hours per day. If a truck driver drives more hours than permitted, he or she may likely be found at fault for the accident.
- There will be multiple insurance companies. Since multiple parties may be held responsible for a truck accident, there will be several insurance companies to deal with. Each insurance company may try to minimize your settlement, complicating matters. That’s why it’s especially important to work with a lawyer who has experience dealing with multiple insurance companies.
- Cargo can be hazardous. Commercial trucks transport a lot of cargo, which can be dangerous on its own. If it is not secured properly, cargo can fly off and cause more damage in an accident.
When you’re injured in a serious trucking accident, you need to know where to turn for a truck accident lawyer Washington DC drivers trust. The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. is proud to have a team of attorneys serving the Washington DC metro area. We have provided invaluable legal counsel to countless residents and drivers who have sustained injuries in vehicle accidents. We know that truck accidents in particular may involve several unique circumstances that could substantially change how a personal injury claim or lawsuit is handled.
Even though minor vehicle accidents might not warrant a lawsuit, it’s still helpful to know that a local truck accident lawyer Washington DC has to offer could potentially provide counsel for smaller claims. In fact, a seasoned truck accident lawyer in Washington DC would likely explain that even complex truck accident cases are often settled through informal mediation or arbitration proceedings, rather than litigation.
There are many different reasons why an injured victim might be seeking legal counsel from a truck accident lawyer Washington DC can provide. Personal injury claims and lawsuits can serve a very useful purpose for those who have been injured in vehicle accidents.
Paying for medical bills is one of the more important parts of a personal injury claim. Even when an injury does not seem to be life-threatening or disabling, it might still require substantial medical care. Accidents involving large commercial trucks are likely to cause some injuries, especially for drivers and passengers in other vehicles that are smaller. The cost of an emergency room visit — even for a single night — can leave the injured person with thousands of dollars in medical bills. To make matters worse, a severe injury might also require the patient to take time away from work, which can sometimes result in lost wages.
One reason why so many injured victims choose to hire a Washington DC truck accident lawyer for counsel during a personal injury claim is that it’s not always easy to obtain financial damages. Commercial truck accidents may involve liability disputes if there are several parties involved in the operation of the truck. It is sometimes in the best interest of the injured victim to pursue a settlement from the truck company or truck manufacturer, rather than from the truck driver. Determining which parties may be liable is an important task that skilled personal injury lawyers may help with.
Meet With a Truck Accident Lawyer Washington DC Residents Know and Trust
If you believe that your injuries warrant a personal injury claim, the legal team at The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. is here to discuss your case with you. We offer complimentary case evaluations with prospective clients, in order to discuss the details of each case and determine which legal actions may produce the best results.
For more information about our firm, or to schedule an appointment with a truck accident lawyer Washington DC drivers rely on, contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. today at (202) 888-0953.