Motorcycle Accident Lawyer MD
If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may want to consult with a motorcycle accident lawyer MD respects from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. Our lawyers have more than 75 years of experience and we are ready to continue helping injured clients. With an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Maryland by your side, you may focus on your recovery while your attorney handles your claim.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents happen every day. Whether these accidents are caused by speeding or poor weather conditions, they can result in severe injuries.
- Road Rash: During a motorcycle accident, it is possible for the motorcyclist to fly over the handlebars and land on the concrete. Skin irritations and infections, otherwise known as road rash, may result in this event.
- Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries and other head injuries can also result from a motorcycle accident. Some head injuries can be life-altering and require several surgeries. Motorcyclists who hit their head during an accident should seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- Biker’s Arm: Biker’s arm is another common motorcycle accident injury a motorcycle accident lawyer MD counts on might see. Many motorcyclists put their arms in front of them during accidents to reduce impact. This could lead to nerve damage in the arms.
- Leg Injuries: While leg injuries that result from motorcycle accidents are rarely fatal, they may lead to permanent damage. Even motorcyclists who wear knee pads, motorcycle boots, and long pants could suffer severe leg injuries.
What are steps a motorcyclist can take to decrease the risk of being injured in a crash?
Take a motorcycle safety course. In many states, this is a requirement in order to get your motorcycle license, but even if it is not in the state you live in, enroll in one anyway. These courses are designed to teach riders how to avoid dangerous situations, what to do in emergencies, and other helpful information.
Make sure to get the correct protective gear. A MD motorcycle accident lawyer knows there is nothing to protect you in the event of a crash, which is why you should wear all recommended safety gear to help minimize injuries in the event you are hit. Leather not only looks good, it is strong enough to protect the skin from being ripped apart by the road if you are knocked off your bike. Jackets, pants, chaps, boots, goggles, and gloves all serve a specific safety purpose for a motorcyclist.
One of the most important pieces of protective gear is a helmet. Whether or not you are required to wear a helmet in your state, a helmet protects your brain and head from severe injury in the event you are in a crash. It could mean the difference between whether you survive the crash or not.
Watch the weather when you are planning a drive or if you are already out. Driving in pouring rain is not only uncomfortable, but can be extremely dangerous. Not only is visibility almost nonexistent from the rain pounding down on your face, but the road surface is also hazardous for you to drive your bike on, increasing your risk of hydroplaning and losing control. If you do find yourself driving in bad conditions, find a safe place to pull over and wait until it is safe to travel again.
Make sure to avoid any distractions while you are driving. This is important no matter what type of vehicle you are driving; however, when you are on a motorcycle, you need to be aware at all times that the vehicle drivers around you may not see you. This means you need to be acutely aware of your surroundings at all times. Do not wear headphones and make sure to keep your phone put away while driving.
Make sure to leave enough space between your bike and the other vehicle. If you are too close to another vehicle, you are putting yourself at greater risk of being injured if that vehicle comes to a sudden stop or if they suddenly turn or switch lanes, especially if they are unaware you are near them.
If you are riding with a passenger, inform them of the rules. Don’t let anyone ride with you unless they have the right protective gear – including a helmet. It is also important that they know the rules of the road, as well as the rules of what they should and should not do while on the bike. For example, passengers should be aware that any sudden moves on their part, even when the bike is not in motion, could cause the bike to fall over if the driver is unaware of the moves the passenger is making.
Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer MD Relies On
If you wish to file a motorcycle accident lawsuit, it may be in your best interest to work with a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer MD trusts. Here are some of the benefits of hiring a lawyer to take your case:
- Higher Compensation: An experienced Maryland motorcycle accident lawyer may know the approximate value of your claim and have superb negotiating skills. You may be more likely to get a higher compensation amount if you work with a lawyer.
- Reduced Stress: Handling a motorcycle accident lawsuit by yourself can be very time consuming and stressful. All that stress can take its toll on you and make it difficult to recover.
At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we understand how difficult it is to suffer a motorcycle accident injury. That is why we are prepared to do everything we can to help our clients receive justice. We offer free case evaluations for prospective clients who are interested in getting more detailed information about their case. Each personal injury claim is unique and it’s important for your attorney to consider all the factors that in your claim. Our law firm is dedicated to serving communities throughout Maryland, Virginia, and the Washington DC metro area.
Do not wait to hire a lawyer to represent you. If you are searching for a motorcycle accident lawyer MD offers, contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. at (301) 637-0463.