Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Washington DC
The Aftermath of a Motorcycle Accident
When you need a motorcycle accident lawyer Washington DC bikers trust, contact the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. Our attorneys have represented many motorcycle riders who were injured in accidents caused by someone else. We understand what can be necessary to recover the maximum amount of damages for our clients.
A Washington DC motorcycle accident lawyer may recover your accident-related damages after a collision that was not your fault. With over 75 years of combined experience practicing law, we have the knowledge to represent our clients successfully. An attorney at the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. would be happy to review your case at no charge to you.
Common Injuries from Motorcycle Accidents
Because of their size relative to passenger vehicles and trucks, motorcycles can be more vulnerable to damage in accidents. As a result, bike riders are often susceptible to serious injury. Being aware of the top three most common motorcycle collision injuries before getting onto your bike to go for a ride, can help prepare you to keep an eye out for potential threats on the road in Washington DC. You can be proactive in your motorcycle riding habits by being educated and aware of the risks of injury.
Almost every motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC has seen many of the same injuries over and over again. Some of the most common injuries sustained by motorcyclists are:
1. Closed head injuries. This includes traumatic brain injuries, subdural hematoma, brain stem injuries, and brain death. Closed head injuries are not always apparent, even to the victim. This is why it’s extremely important to get a medical evaluation after an accident, even if you feel fine. If the physician indicates you may have suffered a closed head injury, contact an attorney without delay. A motorcycle accident lawyer may begin the process of recovering your medical costs from the liable party.
What is a traumatic brain injury (TBI) and how it is diagnosed?
A traumatic brain injury occurs when the brain is damaged due to an external force, which can lead to impairment of the victim’s physical, mental and cognitive functions. A TBI most often happens as a result of a sudden blow or jolting of the head and/or body. During this jolting, the brain can move within the skull causing bleeding or swelling. When visiting your doctor, he or she will likely use one or many of the following tests to determine if you are suffering from a TBI:
- Glasgow Coma Scale (GCS)
- Speech & Language Tests
- Measurements to determine Level of TBI
- Imaging Tests (CT, MRI, ICP)
- Cognition & Neuropsychological Tests
2. Orthopedic injuries. This includes torn ligaments, torn tendons, broken and fractured bones, and strained muscles. The arms, legs, knees, and feet are very vulnerable during an accident. The upper and lower extremities can easily shatter, including fractured elbows and knees. To help prevent such injuries, articles of protective clothing as well as knee pads should be utilized. If improper shoes are worn while riding, the toes can also be broken. Wearing metal reinforced boots can help prevent toes from being hurt.
3. Bruising, scarring, and burn injuries. Burn injuries can range from mild to lethal. Scarring can be minimal or severe. Road rash is another common injury that motorcyclists are especially susceptible to. Psychological injuries and other types of non-physical injuries are considered just as valid as physical injuries in damage claims. When pursuing damages from the at-fault driver, a motorcycle accident lawyer may also determine a monetary value for a non-physical injury.
What is road rash and how it is treated?
On the body, any exposed skin at the time of impact can suffer from road rash. This is why it is so important to be fully protected and wear long sleeves and pants even if it is warm outdoors. If a rider flies over the handlebars of his or her bike, concrete rubs exposed skin as the body skids along the pavement. Any rocks, debris, or glass can result in deeper road rash, lacerations, or even nerve damage.
Antibiotics are commonly used to prevent infection. Road rash is not simply a cut or scrape, and it can lead to long-lasting damage if not treated properly. It can develop into skin irritations and skin surface nerve damage. A medical professional should perform thorough cleaning and treatment of any open wounds.
4. Spinal cord injuries. Spinal injuries can cause discomfort and tremendous pain. They can also cause partial or full paralysis. The paralysis can be temporary or permanent. Surgery and various treatments, including physical therapy, can be expensive. After sustaining a spinal cord injury, a person may be unable to return to the job they had before the accident. As a result, they may lose a significant amount of future wages. A motorcycle accident lawyer Washington DC injury victims have hired successfully in the past may be able to recover future wages. These could be included as damages in an injury claim or lawsuit.
Contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn
Every time you get onto your motorcycle, other drivers can risk your safety on the road. Practice defensive driving habits and keep an eye out for speeding, careless and distracted drivers. You must be in charge of your safety and not assume vehicle drivers will behave with care on the road. Do not attempt any fancy tricks or excessive speed while on public roads.
Contact us through this website or call our local office. The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. is committed to protecting the rights of our clients. For a free case review with a motorcycle accident lawyer Washington DC offers, contact us today.
Common Myths About Motorcycle Accidents
Riding a motorcycle on a warm and sunny day can be fun, but it can also be dangerous if proper precautions aren’t taken. These accidents are also widely misunderstood by many. Here are some common myths about motorcycle accidents that you shouldn’t believe.
- Motorists always see motorcyclists. This isn’t true. Motorcycles are much smaller than regular vehicles, so they can be more difficult to spot. When you’re riding a motorcycle, make sure to stay out of other vehicles’ blind spots, maintain a safe distance from other vehicles and wear bright clothes.
- It’s safer to ride on city streets than highways. Since there are lower speeds on city streets than highways, you may assume that it’s safer to ride a motorcycle on streets. However, you must understand that there are more side streets, pedestrians and cross streets on city streets, so you have a higher risk of getting into an accident.
- There’s no point in wearing a helmet. Some motorcyclists choose not to wear helmets because they think they hinder their hearing and vision. This is a big mistake. While wearing a helmet won’t prevent you from getting into a motorcycle accident, it can reduce the risk of suffering life-threatening head injuries. Before you hop on your bike, remember to put a helmet on.
- Motorcycle accidents are always caused by motorcyclists. This couldn’t be farther from the truth. As a motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington D.C. can confirm, many motorcycle accidents are actually caused by other motorists. They may neglect to check their blindspots for bikers or cut directly in front of them.
- If you’re an experienced motorcyclist, you’re safe from accidents. Unfortunately, this isn’t true either. While having experience riding a motorcycle is definitely beneficial, it won’t necessarily prevent an accident from occurring. Even if you’re experienced, drunk, drowsy, speeding and distracted motorists can still cause an accident.
- Laying down your motorcycle is safe. Some motorcyclists believe that laying their bike down on the ground will help them avoid a collision. However, this can actually put them in more danger. It’s safer to brake and collide with a vehicle at a lower speed.
- Motorcyclists wear leather to look cool. While wearing leather might look hip, motorcyclists wear it for safety. If you wear leather pants and a jacket, you can avoid road rash and other injuries in the event of an accident.
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can be just as devastating as any other type of vehicle accident. However, unlike accidents that involve other types of motor vehicles, motorcycle accidents often result in very serious injuries. This is due to the fact that motorcycles do not have the protection of an enclosed motor vehicle.
Motorcycle accidents hurt more than just your body. They can ruin your life. Let us help you find a good motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington, DC like The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. that can help you recover from a terrible accident.
The Benefits of Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident, it’s important to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC Like any other accident, there are many benefits of having a motorcycle accident lawyer. Motorcycle accidents can be very different from car accidents and so the specialized knowledge that lawyers for motorcyclists have is key.
The first benefit of hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is that the motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC will have knowledge about how insurance companies value claims. The insurance companies that deal with motorcycles may not pay out as much as other insurance companies because they do not believe that the damages are as severe. A motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC will have experience with these insurance companies and will be able to get you the amount you deserve for your injury.
Another benefit of hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is that you will know what to expect when dealing with the insurance company. An experienced motorcycle accident lawyer will know what information the insurance companies want and how they work with medical providers. They will also know what procedures they need to follow if they are going to be successful at getting you compensation for your injuries or pain and suffering.
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident, there are many things that you need to consider before filing a claim with your insurance company.
The first thing you should do after a motorcycle accident is seek medical treatment. Do not wait until you are out of the hospital to see your doctor. If you are seriously injured, it is important to consult with an experienced personal injury attorney to make sure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
Most people do not realize the importance of having a motorcycle accident lawyer on their side after an accident. Many people believe that because the state does not require motorcycle riders to have liability insurance, they do not need one and that this could be a fatal mistake.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, a good motorcycle accident lawyer can help you get the compensation that you deserve. They will fight for your rights and make sure that you receive the maximum amount possible for your injuries and damages. Call the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. today to get your case started.
Motorcycle accidents can be significantly more traumatic than auto accidents
This is because motorcycles are much less stable and less visible than cars and often have high-performance capabilities. When a motorcycle accident occurs, it is typically the result of the negligence or unsafe actions of others on the road.
If you have been involved in an accident while riding a motorcycle, we want you to know that you do not have to face this difficult time alone. There are legal options available. Your motorcycle accident lawyer Washington DC from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. can help you navigate the process of filing a claim and collecting compensation for your injuries and other losses.
While there is no guarantee that your case will yield a settlement or verdict in your favor, you owe it to yourself and your family to learn more about your rights after an accident. Our firm can help.
Dangers Motorcyclists Face on the Road
There are many risks that exist for motorcyclists when they drive on the highways and roads in DC and throughout Maryland and Virginia.
Drivers who are distracted while they operate their vehicles pose a serious threat to all motorists, including motorcyclists. When individuals take their eyes off the road and their hands off the wheel to engage in activities such as texting and dialing cellphones, their chances of causing accidents increase dramatically. Motorcyclists are at risk of suffering catastrophic injuries if they are struck by distracted drivers.
A common misconception is that motorcyclists take too many risks while operating their vehicles. While this may be true in some cases, it is not always the case, and anyone can get into a motorcycle accident. In fact, many motorcycle accidents are caused by other drivers on the road who are not paying attention or are distracted. When this happens, it is critical to find an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer Washington DC from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. to help you navigate the legal process and get the compensation you deserve from your insurance company or from another driver involved in the accident.
What to Do if You Have Been in a Motorcycle Accident
Call 911 and report the accident if you have been injured or believe anyone else has been injured. Even if you don’t consider your injuries to be severe, you should still call 911. Adrenaline can mask pain during an accident, so it is important that you get checked out by medical professionals on the scene.
Get off of the road as soon as possible so that you are not in danger of being hit by another vehicle. If you cannot move, try to get your motorcycle off of the road or at least signal for help.
Gather information from everyone involved in the accident, including their names, addresses, and insurance information. You should also gather information from any witnesses who saw what happened.
A motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC primarily deals with the cases of an injured motorcyclists. When a motorcyclist gets hurt due to the carelessness of another person, they need to look for the help of a motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC . If you are looking for a professional and experienced motorcycle accident lawyer in Washington DC , get in touch with The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C..
“Mr Brynn did a good job but i was told my case would stay open because a bill was paid out of my settlement that shouldnt have been paid. But he did such a good job that once again I’m using his services”