Personal Injury Lawyer Washington DC
If your personal injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, it may be in your best interest to speak to a personal injury lawyer in Washington, DC at The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. Your injuries have likely affected your life in several ways, and you deserve justice. An experienced member of our team can help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
There are countless ways people find themselves with an injury. Some are caused by car accidents. Others by slip and falls, or even medical malpractice. Regardless of the cause of your personal injury, you deserve to get better. And since you didn’t cause your injuries, you shouldn’t be responsible for the costs to get better.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case arises when one person fails to exercise reasonable care toward another person, and that breach of duty results in injuries. For example, if you were in a car accident in which the other driver was speeding or talking on a cellphone, you may have a right to sue that person for the damages that you suffered. Other types of personal injury cases involve slip and fall incidents, medical malpractice and dog bites.
What Evidence Do I Need to Provide?
To increase your chances of winning your personal injury lawsuit, you must provide your Washington, DC personal injury lawyer with sufficient evidence. Here are the types of evidence that may help your lawyer at The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. win your case:
- Police Report: If you suffered an injury during a car accident, it’s important to obtain a copy of the police report. This report may contain important details about the accident, such as who was at fault.
- Physical Evidence: Physical evidence can play a big part in proving that your injuries resulted from another person’s negligence. For example, if you were involved in a car accident, a dent in your car can show where it was hit. If there is blood on your clothes, it may show that the injuries you suffered are serious.
- Photos: Clear photos can also prove that the accident did take place, and caused your injuries. For instance, if you slipped and fell on ice in front of someone else’s property, take photos of the sidewalk to show that the owner of the property didn’t put salt on the ice.
Common Causes of Injuries
Injuries can be the result of many different causes. These include:
- Car accident
- Scooter accident
- Slip and fall
- Medical malpractice
- Construction accident
This list is not exhaustive. There are countless causes for your injuries. And if you’ve been injured, you could be facing serious medical bills and a long recovery. To help you get better and to help make sure you don’t pay out of pocket for your expenses, you need to speak with a skilled member of our team today.
Steps to Take After Your Injury
After you’re injured, what happens next can help determine how much you can recover.
- Call 911 – Even if you don’t think your injuries are severe, it’s a smart decision to make sure you are healthy. Besides that, being seen by medical personnel immediately after your accident can help make sure your injuries are documented.
- Take pictures – As long as it’s safe to do so, taking pictures can help make sure your personal injury attorney has a full image of your accident. Make sure to take pictures of the accident scene but also take pictures of your injuries.
- Don’t speak to an insurance company – Insurance companies are in the business of making money. They do that by not paying out claims. If you speak with them and don’t first speak to a seasoned DC personal injury lawyer in Washington, you might say something that gives the insurance company a reason to deny your claim.
- Contact our firm today – As your law office, we can aggressively fight to make sure you get the compensation you deserve so you can make a full and complete recovery.
Damages to Fight For
No matter the cause of your injuries, you deserve to have compensation to help you make a full and complete recovery. When you work with The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we can actively fight to get you compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of companionship
When you’re injured through no fault of your own, your last worry should be how you’re going to pay your bills. Your only worry should be getting better. You do that by making sure you get the compensation you deserve to get better.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
While some people choose to handle their personal injury cases without a lawyer, it may not be recommended. Getting into any kind of accident can be life-changing. Even if you can heal after your accident, you may still be stuck with hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills. On the other hand, you might be completely unable to heal physically from your personal injury accident and this can result in an inability to work your regular job or an inability to take care of your family.
When this is the case, people often wonder if it is best to hire a DC lawyer for personal injury or if you should go ahead and file a claim on your own. Here are a few benefits of hiring our law firm instead:
- A Lawyer Knows How Much Your Claim Is Worth: A lawyer can determine the approximate value of your personal injury claim, and may help you obtain a higher settlement amount.
- A Lawyer Understands the Legal Process: The legal procedures involved in filing a lawsuit can get complicated. An experienced lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal process, including which documents have to be filed, and the statutes of limitations for your claim. A lawyer can advocate for you and this can save you a great deal of time.
- A Lawyer Is Motivated to Help You Win: Most lawyers work on a contingency basis, which means he or she only gets paid if you win your case. This may motivate your lawyer to fight hard to get you the highest settlement possible.
- A Lawyer Negotiates with Insurance Adjusters: Personal injury claims can, at the least, be a headache. The phrase “anything you say can and will be used against you” also applies here, and if you say you are fine after an accident or your injury is not so bad, an insurance adjuster can use this against you. A lawyer for personal injury in Washington can speak to an adjuster and negotiate on your behalf, likely resulting in standing a firmer ground and knowing if an insurance adjuster offers you a fair settlement.
- A Lawyer Knows Other Professionals: Especially with personal injury cases, you may need the help of other professionals to determine if your settlement is fair or to further strengthen your case. Many law firms can get the help needed from other professionals to build you a proper claim.
- A Lawyer Knows Settlements Don’t Always Work: You may have high hopes that your settlement will be accepted, but insurance adjusters are never out to give you everything you have asked for. When this is the case, a lawyer can steer you in the right direction of an alternative resolution, such as mediation or arbitration.
- A Lawyer Brings Objectivity To the Table: Working on a personal injury claim for yourself only adds more stress in a time where you are likely in pain and perhaps still angry after an accident. A lawyer can ensure all decisions you make for your claim are rational and the best options for your situation.
- A Lawyer Will Fight For You At Trial: Unfortunately, if you do not see eye-to-eye with the insurance company on a settlement offer and further methods of resolution have not worked, one of our lawyers can represent you in court. This can give you the best possible option when facing the defendant, a jury, and a judge.
Contact us Today
As your Washington personal injury lawyer, we can meet with you as often as necessary to help you feel comfortable with the process ahead. We’ll investigate, speak with witnesses, review medical records, and negotiate with insurance companies. We do all of this at no cost to you. We only get paid if you win and we only take cases we plan on winning.
Personal injury claims can become complicated quickly. Don’t attempt to take on this case without the help of a qualified team. If you are still looking for a personal injury lawyer from Washington, DC then contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. at (202) 888-0953.