Serious injuries to the head, neck and back can result from ceiling tiles, plaster and other debris falling on top of tenants or other occupants. Such an incident can be caused by a poorly designed structure or from negligence to address repairs and defects. The Landlords and owners of commercial property have the responsibility to maintain the conditions of the premises, and can be financially responsible for injuries caused by negligence.The causes of roof and ceiling collapse can occur when there has been failure to attend to the following hazardous conditions:
- Failure to tend to structural damage to the ceiling
- Failure to fix water leaks in the ceiling
- Failure to fix ceiling cracks
- Failure to repair damaged ceiling tiles
- Failure to tend to heavy accumulations of snow on the roof
If you are suffering from injuries due to deteriorating living or working conditions, call or email the Washington DC Law Offices of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.