Criminal Defense Lawyer Arlington VA
If you’re facing a potential criminal charge, it may be in your best interest to consider contacting a local criminal defense lawyer Arlington VA has to offer for legal counsel. At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we know that there are many legal situations where individuals can benefit from the assistance and guidance of a lawyer. We also know that some clients are unsure about whether or not their case justifies calling a Arlington VA criminal defense lawyer for counsel.
While it’s important to recognize that every person’s case is different, and each case can involve many unique factors, here are a few common situations where it may be beneficial to hire a criminal defense lawyer Arlington VA can provide.
- You are arrested, but you are not read your rights. This is a mistake that can happen in any criminal arrest — and it can also invalidate the entire case in certain situations. Upon making an arrest, law enforcement officials must recite a person’s “Miranda Rights,” which explain that the individual can contact an attorney and does not have to say anything to the police before consulting with an attorney.
- The police have asked to question you about a criminal matter. It may still be beneficial to hire a criminal defense lawyer in Arlington VA if you’ve been asked to answer questions from the police, even if you haven’t been arrested. It’s possible for individuals to inadvertently say something that the police inappropriately use to draw conclusion between the person and a crime.
- Any potential constitutional right you have is in jeopardy. When an issue involves a basic constitutional right, like the right to free speech or freedom of religion, you might want to contact a lawyer.
- You’ve been charged with a crime and offered a plea bargain. It’s possible for a defendant in a criminal case to be offered a plea bargain by the prosecutor. This is often an attempt at avoiding a courtroom case. Sometimes it will work in the defendant’s favor, but many times it will not; after all, a plea bargain is typically an automatic admission of the defendant’s guilt.
- You’ve been charged with a crime and you are considering rejecting any plea bargain and going to court. Courtroom cases can be beneficial in some situations, but they could also be very unpredictable. If you are considering going to court, it is important to discuss possible defenses with a skilled lawyer who can represent your best interests.
Contact a Local Criminal Defense Lawyer Arlington VA Has To Offer
At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., our lawyers have built a strong reputation in the local community. We’re proud to be a trusted source for providing clients with a skilled criminal defense lawyer Arlington VA residents recommend. If you’ve been charged with a criminal offense, or if you believe that you might become involved in a criminal lawsuit, our legal team may be able to provide essential legal counsel to you.
For more information about our law firm, or to schedule a free case evaluation with a top criminal defense lawyer Arlington VA residents trust, contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. today.