Personal injury law can be confusing, particularly for people who have never experienced anything like it before. Someone first going into a personal injury case will definitely need the assistance of an experienced personal injury lawyer in DC from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.
Common Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases can range greatly and there are so many different things that fall under personal injury law. Some of the most common accidents that personal injury lawyers see include:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- + More
Just about any accident that was caused due to someone else’s negligent actions can be classified as personal injury law. There will need to be some sort of evidence that negligence occurred to win a case, which is where a good personal injury lawyer in Washington, DC comes in. One of the experienced lawyers from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. will be able to investigate to create a strong case for you.
Compensation for Personal Injury Cases
You should not have to pay a dime for any of the injuries and financial strain a personal injury accident has caused you. Our lawyers are experienced in determining what kind of damages you may be able to file for and what a judge would likely consider fair for what you have had to go through. Some of the most common damages we see people file for include:
- Medical costs, such as hospital stays, prescription medication costs, and doctor’s office bills.
- Compensation for lost wages due to missed work. You may have had to take time off work to recover or, if your job is very physical, you may not have been able to work while you were injured. You should not have to forgo a paycheck because of the injury that was caused due to someone else’s negligence. The at-fault party should give compensation for these missed wages.
- Personal property damages should be covered. For example, if you were involved in a car accident and your vehicle was damaged, the at-fault party should have to pay to fix it or get you a new car if it was totaled in the accident.
- Pain and suffering can be worked into personal injury cases if they were particularly traumatic.
- Future medical bills should also be considered. An experienced personal injury lawyer in DC should be able to calculate these damages for you by speaking with medical professionals and other expert witnesses to determine how much you may owe in the future for your recovery.
These are a few of the most popular damages people focus on in personal injury cases, but each situation is unique, which is why you need to enlist the help of a lawyer to see what you should file for.
Contact The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. Today
Do not hesitate to reach out to a lawyer at our law firm right away. There is a statute of limitations on personal injury cases, which means it is crucial that you take action immediately so you do not miss the deadline to file.