Car Accident Lawyer MD
Handing over the car keys to your teen driver can be a bittersweet experience. The idea that they can now take themselves where they need to go can come with some mixed emotions. On one hand, you will no longer play the role of chauffeur. On the other hand, as their parent, you’ll likely worry about their safety and you may wonder about the liability you may face as well. You’re probably aware that inexperienced drivers are far more likely to experience an accident. Taking steps to ensure that your teen is equipped to face the hazards of the road can help to alleviate some of the worry you may carry.
Although your teenage driver will complete driver’s education prior to obtaining their license, only you can ensure that they are truly equipped to handle the responsibility of driving a vehicle. Ensuring that your child is as safe as possible will take your guidance and diligence. The following are important safety driving tips for young drivers:
- It can be stressful to teach a teenager to drive. Try to be as patient as possible, and encourage your teen to stay calm as well.
- Teach them that they should never text or use their phone when driving. Although this is the law in most states, it’s easy to be tempted by their personal devices.
- Have as few distractions as possible.
- Teach your teen to leave plenty of space between their vehicle and the one in front of them.
- Discuss the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Teach defensive driving.
- Do not allow them to drive with friends in the vehicle — this can help to eliminate distractions.
Despite your best efforts, accidents happen. Sometimes, those accidents can fall out of your control. Unfortunately the roads are full of hazards and unsafe drivers. If your teen has fallen victim to a car accident, The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. can review your case and may help determine the best course of action.
Calling an Attorney
Following an accident, knowing the proper time to contact a car accident lawyer can make a huge difference in your legal protection. Try to take the time to research a lawyer in Maryland who will feel like a good fit for you and your teen. Make sure that your son or daughter has your lawyer’s contact information and knows how to handle the situation if an accident occurs.
If you are unsure whether or not you need to take action following an accident, it may still be in your best interest to consult with a car accident lawyer. You will want to make sure that you do not wait too long as there is a statute of limitations to car accident cases. At The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we can offer decades of experience to you and your teen driver. If your son or daughter has been the victim of an accident, call us today to set up a free consultation with a car accident lawyer MD parents trust.