Personal Injury Lawyer Washington DC
If your personal injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, it may be in your best interest to speak to a personal injury lawyer Washington DC relies on. Your injuries have likely affected your life in several ways, and you deserve justice. An experienced personal injury lawyer may help you obtain compensation for your injuries.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
A personal injury case arises when one person fails to exercise reasonable care toward another person, and that breach of duty results in injuries. For example, if you were in a car accident in which the other driver was speeding or talking on a cellphone, you may have a right to sue that person for the damages that you suffered. Other types of personal injury cases involve slip and fall incidents, medical malpractice and dog bites.
What Evidence Do I Need to Provide?
To increase your chances of winning your personal injury lawsuit, you must provide your personal injury lawyer Washington DC trusts with sufficient evidence. Here are the types of evidence that may help your personal injury lawyer in Washington DC win your case:
- Police Report: If you suffered an injury during a car accident, it’s important to obtain a copy of the police report. This report may contain important details about the accident, such as who was at fault.
- Physical Evidence: Physical evidence can play a big part in proving that your injuries resulted from another person’s negligence. For example, if you were involved in a car accident, a dent in your car can show where it was hit. If there is blood on your clothes, it may show that the injuries you suffered are serious.
- Photos: Clear photos can also prove that the accident did take place, and caused your injuries. For instance, if you slipped and fell on ice in front of someone else’s property, take photos of the sidewalk to show that the owner of the property didn’t put salt on the ice.
Should I Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
While some people choose to handle their personal injury cases without a lawyer, it may not be recommended. Here are a few benefits of hiring a personal injury lawyer Washington DC respects:
- A Lawyer Knows How Much Your Claim Is Worth: An experienced Washington DC personal injury lawyer may know the value of your personal injury claim, and might help you obtain a higher settlement amount.
- A Lawyer Understands the Legal Process: The legal procedures involved in filing a lawsuit can get complicated. An experienced lawyer knows the ins and outs of the legal process, including which documents have to be filed, and the statutes of limitations for your claim.
- A Lawyer Is Motivated to Help You Win: A personal injury lawyer Washington DC counts on likely works on a contingency basis, which means he or she only gets paid if you win your case. This may motivate your lawyer to fight hard to get you the highest settlement possible.
If you are still looking for a personal injury lawyer Washington DC offers, contact the Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. at (202) 888-0953.