DWI Attorney VA Respects
If you have been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, a DWI attorney VA residents have on their side may be able to help. The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. has a skilled team of lawyers with experience handling DWI and DUI charges. Through a free consultation, we may be able to offer you practical legal advice and guidance to help you to make the right decisions. If you choose to hire a DWI attorney in VA, your rights and freedoms may be better protected.
What to Do When You’re Facing a DWI Charge
If you have been charged with driving while intoxicated, it may be advisable to contact a Virginia DWI attorney as soon as possible. Under the Fifth Amendment, you do have the right to remain silent, and can refuse to speak to law enforcement until you consult an attorney. If possible, it may be beneficial to seek legal advice from a DWI attorney in VA first, to ensure that your rights are not violated. Even if you’ve already discussed your charges with law enforcement, or submitted to a field sobriety, blood, or urine test, a lawyer may still be able to assist you with the legal process. Although you may feel that there is no way out, a lawyer may be able to identify a circumstance or rights violation in your case that could result in a better outcome for you.
Potential Costs of a DWI Charge
Being charged with a DWI can have immediate and long term repercussions. Like a domino effect, one consequence may lead to another, and cause a major disruption in your day-to-day life. Expenditures resulting from a DWI may start accumulating before you’re convicted, and can continue long after the incident took place. Some of these may include:
- Fines and fees
- Alternate transportation costs
- Loss of job or income
- Routine blood, breathalyzer, or urine testing
- Monthly monitoring fees
- Court and incarceration costs
- DWI schooling/education
- Car towing/impounding
- Rise in insurance costs
- Family hardships
A top DWI attorney VA has to offer may help to reduce these costs by skillfully navigating the legal system, and determining the best possible solutions for your case. Further benefits of hiring a DWI attorney in VA may include:
- Support – Handling a DWI alone can prove to be difficult. A Virginia DWI attorney may act as an advocate on your behalf, speaking for you when you may not know the correct answer or best wording. An attorney can also help explain your case and possible outcomes to you.
- Your Rights are Protected – Your rights could easily be violated in a DWI case under certain circumstances. A DWI attorney VA residents trust aims to protect your rights while determining if any violations have taken place.
- Your Outcome May Be Better – An experienced attorney who understands relevant DWI laws in Virginia may be able to arrange a better deal with the prosecutor and judge, or have charges reduced or dropped altogether. As a result, the total repercussions of a DWI may be much less than you had expected.
Contacting an Experienced DWI Attorney VA Offers for a Free Consultation
A DWI is not a matter to be taken lightly, and could impact your life in many ways. If you are facing a DWI, you may want to consider competent legal representation that could help you to move on with life as soon as possible.
A DWI lawyer is a valuable tool to help you protect your rights. Even if a conviction is imminent, you may be able to avoid the toughest penalties through the guidance of an attorney. If you are facing charges or sentencing for a DWI, The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., a DWI attorney VA residents rely on, can offer you a free consultation when you call 202-888-0953.