Car Accident Lawyer DC
If you have been hurt in a car crash, you may want to consult a DC car accident lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. can help you file a timely claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in the Springtime
With spring just around the corner, many people are spending more time outdoors and getting ready for spring break vacations. Unfortunately, spring is a major time for car accidents.
Here are the most common causes of car accidents in the springtime.
- Sun glare. As the temperatures start getting warmer, the sun’s rays get stronger. While sunny days can be pleasant, they can pose hazards for drivers. When there is sun glare, you may have trouble seeing the road ahead and may have an increased chance of getting into an accident. It is important to wear sunglasses and keep your windshields clean.
- Potholes. Winter weather can do quite a number on roads. Once spring rolls around, there may be potholes on the roads. Unfortunately, driving over a pothole can cause damage to your vehicle and even cause an accident. It is important to pay extra careful attention to potholes on the road during the springtime.
- Increased rain. The springtime tends to bring more rain. Although more rain can cause flowers to bloom, it can also increase the risk of car accidents. As a DC car accident lawyer can confirm, rain roads can make the roads, which can cause vehicles to spin out of control. If you have to drive in the rain, you should reduce your speed and use your windshield wipers.
- Drunk drivers. During the spring, there are plenty of college students celebrating spring break. As a result, there may be more cars out on the road. Unfortunately, some of these drivers may be under the influence. Alcohol can impair your judgment and cause you to lose focus, increasing the risk of a car accident.
- Distracted driving. Distracted driving can occur at any time of the year, but it is especially common during the springtime. Many drivers are excited about the warmer weather and may look out their window or listen to loud music, which can be distracting. These distractions can take drivers’ attention off the road ahead, which can increase the chances of a car accident.
- Allergy medications. The springtime brings seasonal allergies for many people, and they may use over-the-counter allergy medications to cope with their symptoms. Unfortunately, one of the most common side effects of these medications is drowsiness. Drivers who have recently taken these medications may have lower reaction times and reduced focus, which can increase the risk of an accident. Those who take these medications shouldn’t get behind the wheel right after taking the medication.
If you were hurt in a springtime car accident, you may want to schedule a consultation with a DC car accident lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.