Bicycle Accident Lawyer DC
When faced with the decision to accept a settlement offer, victims should almost always turn to a personal injury attorney for their experience and knowledge of the legal system. Not only may they be able to provide you with legal representation, they may be able to help negotiate a strong offer in your favor. Determining whether you should pursue litigation or accept a settlement can be a weighty decision for a number of reasons. Although a larger payout may come with pursuing a lawsuit, there can be more risk involved.
Following an accident, it may be necessary for you to seek compensation for any losses you have incurred as a result. You will need to make a decision, with the counsel of your attorney, whether seeking a personal injury claim is in your best interest. An attorney will review your case to determine if the person who caused the accident is liable. Pursuing an insurance settlement as opposed to a personal injury lawsuit can come with a variety of advantages.
Advantages of Settlement Offers
If you have suffered a bicycle accident, it’s likely you would like to resolve the entire matter as quickly as possible. Because of the lack of protection your bicycle offers you from impact, you’ve probably suffered some type of injury. Essentially, a settlement is a compromise between yourself and the insurance company to pay compensation to you for the losses you have suffered. There are a number of mutual benefits and advantages to pursuing a settlement with an insurance company:
- You may obtain compensation for the accident faster than if you were to pursue a lawsuit.
- You will save money on legal fees. Litigation involves much more work for an attorney and can take longer to reach a resolution. As a result, you may pay far more in legal fees.
- You will not have to endure court hearings and, a trial.
- Settlements ensure that you obtain some form of compensation. There are no guarantees that you will be able to collect damages if you pursue a lawsuit.
- If you are not satisfied with your settlement offer, you can always pursue a lawsuit. However, it’s important to carefully weigh your options. Your attorney can be a good place to start in determining if a lawsuit is the best way to proceed.
When your attorney negotiates a settlement offer, it’s likely that you won’t obtain the amount of compensation that you may if you were to take your case to court. However, there are no guarantees that you will be able to secure the compensation you may be entitled to. When making a decision of this magnitude, you may need a trusting and experienced attorney in your corner. They may advise you of the best course of action based on your needs.
Bicycle accidents can leave a lasting impression on a person’s life. Not only may victims suffer physically due to their injuries, the emotional impact may also be great. Damages are often paid out to a victim in the form of a monetary award as a way of helping a person feel whole again. There are a number of advantages to accepting a settlement offer, however, with the assistance of a bicycle accident lawyer DC trusts at Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. you can fully weigh out the best course of action to take.