Bicycle Accident Lawyer MD
If you have been hurt in a bicycle accident, you may want to speak with an MD bicycle accident lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent parties.
How to Avoid a Bicycle Accident at Night
Bicycle accidents occur more frequently at night because motorists can’t see bicyclists as easily. That’s why it is best to only ride your bike during daylight hours. However, if you must ride your bicycle at night, keep these safety tips in mind.
- Wear bright clothes. Since you will be less visible to motorists at night, it is a good idea to wear bright clothes. If you wear bright colors, like yellow, pink or orange, motorists will be more likely to notice you and avoid hitting you.
- Plan your route beforehand. If you have to ride at night, you should take the time to plan your route ahead of time. If possible, you should try to ride on well-lit roads with light traffic. Stay away from dark roads, as it will be more difficult for motorists to see you there.
- Reduce your speed. Riding a bicycle at night is more dangerous, so it is essential to be extra careful. If you have to ride in the evening, you should be careful not to go too fast. Reduce your speed to lessen your chances of getting into an accident.
- Illuminate your bicycle. When you are riding a bicycle at night, an MD bicycle accident lawyer may advise you to make yourself as possible. In addition to wearing bright clothes, take the time to put reflective tape on your brake frame, pedals and helmet. This reflective equipment will make you stand out to motorists.
- Ride in groups. If it’s possible, try to ride your bicycle with several other people at night. After all, there is safety in numbers. Motorists are more likely to notice bicyclists riding in groups.
- Ride defensively. While it is always a good idea to ride defensively, it becomes especially important at night. Pay careful attention to your surroundings and do not assume that motorists see you. If you ride defensively, you have a lower risk of getting into a bicycle accident at night.
What to Do After a Bicycle Accident
If you do get into a bicycle accident, it is important to seek immediate medical attention. You don’t have the protection of a vehicle and may be more vulnerable to serious injuries. A doctor should assess your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment.
It is also important to discuss your case with a bicycle accident lawyer. A lawyer will know how much your case is truly worth and handle the negotiation process with the insurance company. He or she can fight hard for fair compensation.
Schedule a consultation with an MD bicycle accident lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. as soon as possible.