DUI Attorney DC
Brynn Law: The DUI Attorney DC Can Count on to Fight for Its Rights
Brynn Law: The DUI Attorney DC Can Count on to Fight for Its Rights<
Getting a DUI is a serious crime. If charged, you’ll need the services of a DUI attorney DC can believe in. At Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., we are dedicated to protecting your rights, and making sure that your due process is properly handled. We can provide you with a DUI attorney DC criminal defendants turn to when facing the possibility of a conviction.
Did you know…
- …that if you drive anywhere in DC, you’re submitting to what is called “implied consent.” This means that a law enforcement office is within his or her rights to pull you over and administer a DUI test if they are under the suspicion that you are intoxicated. If you fail to submit to this DUI test, your license can be suspended.
- …that if there is an accident, and the police suspect one or both of the drivers involved were driving under the influence, the officer is within his or her rights to have blood and/or urine samples taken under “implied consent”, regardless of whether the driver consents to the test.
- …that a person is considered driving under the influence (DUI) if s/he has a blood alcohol count (BAC) of .05 or greater.
- …that depending on the level of intoxication at the time of a blood and/or urine test, you could be facing mandatory jail time. For this reason alone, it’s important to hire a DUI attorney DC respects.
The Possible Repercussions of a DUI Conviction
The circumstances surrounding a DUI conviction will vary on a case-by-case basis. It also varies by state. For this reason, only a DUI attorney in DC who is familiar with your case is qualified to tell you what consequences you are facing. However, as a general rule, if you are found guilty of a DUI, regardless of the jurisdiction in which you reside, you’re facing heavy penalties. In every state, a DUI conviction promises up to six months in jail as well as a significant fine. The details depend on a number of variables, a few of which have already been mentioned. In addition, the driver’s DUI history will significantly affect the outcome. The following general information may apply in your case, though a DUI attorney DC drivers hire can provide you with specifics:
First Time Offender
Under most circumstances, those who are convicted of a DUI for the first time face less punishment than repeat offenders. However, they will likely be subject to:
- Serving a minimum jail sentence, typically one to three days. Some states do not require this, but a DUI attorney DC motorists hire under similar circumstances can advise you.
- A substantial monetary fine.
- May have to attend a required DUI school.
- License suspension of up to one year.
- Possible ignition interlock which is not free and is designed to prevent you from driving while intoxicated.
- Up to three years of probation, which if violated, will result in mandatory jail time.
- Permanent DMV record for a DUI.
At Least One Prior DUI Conviction or High BAC
If someone is convicted of a DUI and they have at least one prior conviction on the same charge, their sentencing will be significantly more serious. This is also true if the arresting officer submitted a field test and the BAC was far above the legal limit. A DUI attorney DC locals rely on will know if your BAC reading is considered excessive.
- More likely than not you will be forced to attend DUI school to learn ways to avoid getting additional convictions, and the consequences of driving under the influence. Among them is the very real possibility of seriously injuring or even killing innocent people. In addition, and as a DC DUI attorney might warn you, a drunk driving conviction is a serious criminal offense, but manslaughter charges are even worse.
- Those who are convicted of a DUI multiple times, or those whose BAC was considered excessively high, may have to purchase or rent an “interlock ignition device” and install it in their car (if they have one and are legally allowed to drive it). In many cases, a judge will allow them to use their car to commute to and from work or the grocery store. However, they must have the device to ensure they are not driving under the influence. These devices are expensive and they are also not cheap to install. For as long as your sentence lasts, you might have one. If you are caught driving someone else’s car, disabling the device, or having someone else blow into it, you will face serious legal consequences.
What can a DUI attorney in DC do for you?
A DC DUI attorney like Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. is your greatest defense to any DUI charges levied against you. We know and understand the process, including these three major factors, that will give you a leg up in obtaining the best possible outcome for you specific case:
- Case Assessment: We understand that each case is different. We at Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., will review your case and determine what your particular case requires — and, more specifically, what risks (i.e., the investiture of time and money) are involved in defending your case. Whenever a DC DUI attorney takes on your case, he or she is assuming some level of risk. As a DUI attorney DC trusts to handle even the most complex of cases, Frederick J. Brynn is pleased to provide you with an honest assessment of your case before we begin representing you.
- Pleas: Many cases brought before a criminal court do not go to trial. A plea bargain is a sentencing agreement struck between both sides that brings a resolution to a criminal case. Frederick J. Brynn, PC, prides itself on being the DUI attorney DC is able to rely on to reach a beneficial plea bargain for their clients.
- Managing the legal process: The legal process is an arduous one, and going in and out of courtrooms can be a hassle. At Frederick J. Brynn, PC, we take on the daily case management on your behalf. As a DUI attorney DC has trusted with even the most complex of cases, Frederick J. Brynn, PC, is prepared to handle your case and manage the entire process every step of the way.
While no firm can call themselves the “best” DUI attorney DC has to offer, we at Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. are constantly striving for perfection and working hard to make sure your rights are properly looked after. For more information, and to speak with a DUI attorney DC residents have confidence in, call Frederick J. Brynn, P.C., today.