Slip and Fall Lawyer Washington DC
If you suffered a slip and fall accident, you may want to talk to a Washington DC slip and fall lawyer. You may be entitled to compensation for your losses. A lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C. can help you file a timely claim against the negligent parties.
Common Slip and Fall Accident Injuries
Slip and fall accidents can occur in many different settings, from grocery stores to parking lots, and can cause many kinds of injuries. Here are common slip and fall accident injuries.
- Head injuries. When people hit their head during a slip and fall accident, they are in danger of sustaining head injuries. Head injuries can be very severe and require immediate medical treatment. Common symptoms of head injuries may include nausea, confusion, dizziness, headaches and sensitivity to light and sound. Severe head injuries can result in long-term behavioral, cognitive and physical changes.
- Broken bones. It is also common for slip and fall accident victims to break bones in their arms, legs or hips. Broken bones are very painful and can take a long time to recover from. A simple break may just require a cast. However, if a bone is broken in more than one place, you may require surgery and rehabilitation.
- Spinal cord injuries. As a Washington DC slip and fall lawyer can confirm, spinal cord injuries are one of the most severe types of slip and fall accident injuries. Common symptoms of these injuries may include numbness, tingling, muscle spasms and loss of bowel or bladder control. In severe cases, spinal cord injuries can cause permanent paralysis. Victims may need long-term rehabilitation and assistive devices.
- Knee injuries. During a slip and fall accident, it is also possible to twist your knee and sustain a knee injury. Knee injuries can cause severe pain, stiffness, swelling, weakness and a popping sound. Treatments for knee injuries may include ice, heat, rest, physical therapy and surgery.
- Facial injuries. Some people may hit their face on the ground in a slip and fall accident. This can result in many types of facial injuries, like a broken nose, jaw fractures, eye injuries and chipped teeth. These injuries are noticeable and can make someone feel self-conscious.
- Cuts and lacerations. Compared to other slip and fall accident injuries, cuts and lacerations might not sound that bad. However, they are nothing to make light of. Cuts and lacerations can cause infection, nerve damage and even permanent scarring if not treated promptly.
- Emotional injuries. Many people associate slip and fall accidents with physical injuries. However, they can also result in emotional injuries, like depression and anxiety. A slip and fall accident can be quite a traumatic experience. Victims may benefit from seeing a mental health counselor.
If you have been hurt in a slip and fall accident, you may want to schedule a consultation with a Washington DC slip and fall lawyer from The Law Firm of Frederick J. Brynn, P.C.